⚡ Knowledge Worker, Technical Writer, Product Manager with a background in customer support and documentation.
Phone +1 (646) 694-2062
Location Seattle, WA (98125)
Specializes in Content Management Systems and values collaborative communication
- Software Documentation
- Technical Writing
- Process Improvement
Contract Technical Writer at Microsoft
Apex Systems (Redmond, WA) - March 2020 - May 2020
- Met with the documentation team's program manager to review and track documentation assignments in Azure DevOps.
- Contributed to content development and peer review of onboarding, compliance, and operations topics for internal wikis used by 27,000 commercial and consumer support agents.
- Made contact and set meetings with the engineering leads and product managers associated with the part of the Microsoft 365 consumer and commercial operations team to ask all the questions necessary to document the subject.
- Left because of COVID-19 pandemic.
Contract Technical Writer at Premera
AIM Consulting (Bothell, WA) - April 2019 - December 2019
- Produced a set of 50 process documents for a workforce administration team’s enterprise software suite.
- Met with subject experts to identify business objectives with sensitivity to differences in needs across various groups.
- Used project management experience to work on tasks for researching, writing, and editing documents while providing project updates to key stakeholders.
Technical Services Manager for Speedtest Custom
Ookla (Seattle, WA) - April 2017 - December 2018
- Led a small remote team responsible for pre-sales, onboarding, billing, and support for Speedtest Custom and Speedtest Host infrastructure clients.
- Developed, implemented and optimized customer success process strategies used in Salesforce, JIRA, and Zendesk.
Product Manager II / Technical Support Supervisor
NinjaTrader (Denver, CO) - May 2010 - June 2016
- Collaborated with Director of Product Management to drive the product life cycle for a team of 5 developers during a major rewrite and product launch of a C# desktop application for day trading.
- Researched root cause analysis and provided customer technical support of critical bugs while offering confident recommendations for process improvements.
- Composed release notes for various release management milestones (14 beta, 2 release candidates, and 1 major release version) while prioritizing website updates for consumer-focused technical documentation.
- Defined and prioritized product cases for the development roadmap by documenting specifications, creating and assigning tasks in JIRA, and establishing targets and outcomes.
- Developed standard operating procedures for the customer success team’s technical support representatives.
- Communicated informational changes in software updates, known issues and troubleshooting, and major milestones to a team of support representatives.
Technical Support Supervisor
Falcon Trading Systems (Laramie, WY) - May 2007 - May 2010
- Managed a team of five customer service representatives providing technical support to financial brokers and hedge funds through email, phone, and chat.
- Developed how-to tutorials, troubleshooting guides, and on-boarding processes for new customers and technical support staff.
- Deployed the company's first knowledge base using Mediawiki and Markdown.
Portfolio and Work Examples
Running, Meditation, Creative Writing, Guitar, Piano, Notion Community